Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a warning light that says "dynamic drive inactive"

Customer Question

i have a warning light that says "dynamic drive inactive"
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it's just that warning message. the car functions fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing. I just searched on online. there are several posts suggesting that power steering fluid may be low and that is triggering the body roll sensor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: no that's it
JA: Our top BMW Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the BMW Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the BMW Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hello

can you tell me what model this is please and how many miles are on the car?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
BMW 750i. 76k miles, 2006 model year
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

hello

1st thing to check is the level of the brake fluid in the reservoir and the power steering reservoir too

as if either of these of low it can trigger this error

if the display has also 'blacked out' at any point then this can be a voltage issue which is often down to the battery being at the end of its life

let me know what you find

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you