Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

All the power in driver side door not working, No power in

Customer Question

All the power in driver side door not working
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No power in driver side door but power in all the other ones
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking fuses
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: No
JA: Our top BMW Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the BMW Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the BMW Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Eddie here, what year and model BMW are you working on? thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004BMW 745LI
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Alright, I'm not in a position to talk on the phone at this time. Let me opt out and another expert may assist at that point. Check fuses 21 (30 amp) in the front fuse box, and check the wiring loom, from the body to the drivers door, make sure the wires look good and aren't damaged or chafed up. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had checked them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it down and want go back up
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you can inspect the wiring that leads from the body to the drivers side door at the door hinge area for any broken or damaged wiring.I find in allot of cases this wiring can break on several models I have worked with and can cause the issues you see here on your vehicle.If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wiring looks good still no power

was anything after market wired into your vehicle at all before this issue occurred?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I brought it they put new window in it

O.k.,unfortunately looking through my diagrams and info on this here it is limited.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
have any professional diagnostics been carried out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have a problem no power in door and rate you 90%
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi please accept the offer that I proposed and I can call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's all good thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
the problem is likely wiring where it enters the door or just inside the door or car body, or possibly a failed door module
if you are all good please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating on my answer.