Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

The interior fan works intermittently air conditioner only

Customer Question

The interior fan works intermittently for the air conditioner only works fine for heater
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When the air conditioner is on most time the fan blows at low speed, Evernote when the fan control is turn on high, the without warning it will come full speed, then go back to low speed again
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The blower motor replacement, and the motor resiter replacement
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: It's a 325xi 2006 e90
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The usual cause of this is a fault resistor / speed controller. I would consider trying another especially if you did not use an oem part the first time
Otherwise the only possibility would be a fault with the in dash control module or a wiring / connection problem
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Replacing the resiter again does not explain why it works for the heater and defroster. I would think the dash control module would be the next thing to try, or check the wiring to the resister. Not sure how helpful this is, but it is honest.
Expert:  Steve replied 7 months ago.
The resistor can fail in. A temp dependent manner. Please kindly select a rating of ok or higher to complete the question