Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

15 March 2016 08:36 this is an email my husband received

Customer Question

15 March 2016 08:36
Hi, this is an email my husband received from the service manager to talk to him into doing extra work that will cost us $5000 out of pocket:( knowing that the car is already in the shop for collision work ($14000 worth repairs that the insurance company will cover), please read it and let me know for sure if we should or should not go with these repairs as we don't want some major issues with the car if what they are asking to fix right now is a MUST and thank you so much for your advice...CAR HAS 3 OIL LEAKS THAT WILL CAUSE DAM TO YOU’RE A/C COMPRESSOR AND YOUR ALTERNATOR.
IF THEY ARE DONE NOW WITH THE REPAIR FROM THE INSURANCE COMP ITS GOING TO SAVE YOU A LOT OF OVERLAP LABOR AND MONEY$$$$$$$
PRICES FOR THESE JOBS NORMALLY RUN AS FOLLOW.1.(###) ###-####Vacuum Pump, r&r - 650i 06/10 Y O 992.58
2.1114175GKea Timing Case Cover Gaskets, r&r (ADD Oil Y 1907.45
3.(###) ###-#### ***** Cover Gasket, r&r - 650i 06/10 Bot Y O 1345.16
4. AD ALTER BRACKET GASKET - All 813.27
5. BSF Brake System Flush - All N 142.61|
6. FCS1 Flush Cooling System - Exc M-6 04/10 Inc Y 136.18|
7. FPS Flush Power Steering System - All N 296.1
8. Fuel Injectors, Clean - All M 190.99
9. Service Differential - 650i 06/10 NM 127.40. SO IF YOU TAKE ALL THESE ADD THEM UP THAT’S 5948.40 PLUS TAX. NOT COUNTING THE A/C COMP OR THE ALTERNATOR THAT IS GETTING SATURATED WITH OIL WHICH IS ABOUT ANOTHER 2800.00.
YOU WILL BE AT 4500.000 TOTAL AND IF ADD THE TIRE THAT’S AN ADDITIONAL 460.00.
SO YOU CAN SEE THE SAVINGS IS A LOT DUE TO THE DAMAGE THE INSURANCE COMP IS TAKING CARE OF.
PLEASE LET ME TOMM. THANKS THE CAR IS DEF WORTH T IT WEATHER YOU KEEP IT OR SELL IT CAUSE YOU WILL GET MONEY FOR IT WITH OUT THE OIL LEAKS.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
What is he arrive history of the car? What maintenance has been carried out recently?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Car was fine until this time, first time in collision due to driving over a rock fallen from a truck at night recently but never had other mechanical problems that we are aware of until this BMW service people sent that email to my husband and saying they are running some fluids promotions or whatever. what they mentioned in their email are all those a MUST repairs to do NOW??; Thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
are there actual oil leaks you can see?