Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I'm having an issue with my 525i cranking but not starting.

Customer Question

I'm having an issue with my 525i cranking but not starting. It has 45 psi on the fuel rails and spark on every cylinder. I just got through reading some blogs on the VANOS could it be related?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well if you disconnect the vanos the cars cranking is very labored and when you re-connect the plug it remains the same? Will disconnecting the battery for more than an hour reset the ecu?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
was your question if the vanos could cause the no start? or if unhooking the battery will reset the ecu?
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
hello?
can you please confirm what your question is?