rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

It's supposedly on limp mode but the car is shifting gears

Customer Question

It's supposedly on limp mode but the car is shifting gears fine,it ain't running slow so i don't understand why i got to replace the transmission,could it be a sensor or something more simple than that?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I don't have any experience on cars but i could use some friendly advice
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: The service engine soon popped up last Monday,it turned off and haven't turned on ever since,it also have the flat tire light on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the BMW Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Yes,but it does need to be tested with a scan tool to be sure what the problem is. It can be as simple as a flash update too, but only the testing will tell.

Thanks, Ron