Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2004 bmw 525i giving me some trouble, i keep

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: yes i have a 2004 bmw 525i giving me some trouble
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i keep getting an error saying transmission fault, possible reduction in acceleration
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: drive moderately
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: error code i get on the scan machine is ratio monitoring 3 2
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What exactly is your question ? Did you want to know the cause of this code?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
because I keep bringing to people who don't know what the code means. it usually happens when i'm going down a hills or steep decents, and the car becomes sluggish, So I would like to find out what exactly is the problem. I have changed transmission oil, filter, battery, crankshaft sensor and the problem is still there.
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The problem is that your third gear is slipping. The expected input vs output speeds of the the transmission are not matching what the compute expects
You can check for any sign of oil in the trans electrical connector as this can cause weird errors but most likely the transmission will need to be rebuilt
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
If there are no additional questions please kindly click on a positive rating