Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My engine failsafe program light came on? what does that

Customer Question

My engine failsafe program light came on? what does that mean? My name is ***** ***** Can I still drive it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That light just came on a few minutes. It is still driving fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this means that the engine has sensed a serious fault or missing sensor input which prevents it from operating normally.
you can drive the car in for repair as long as it is not making funny noises, smoking or overheating, but you should not try to continue to drive it normally day to day.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
As the question has been answered please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating