Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2000 BMW Z3 with a code P1542, 01/02 and it crawls

Customer Question

I have a 2000 BMW Z3 with a code P1542, 01/02 and it crawls slow when driving it. What could be the problem and is it safe to drive for about 50 miles?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I am driving my 2000 Z3 BMW it starts to slow down and bogs down to a crawl. Then it drives ok for awhile but then the problem come back again.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unfortunately nothing yet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: Oh yeah, my hood does not open, I installed a front mask to protect it from stones and debris but now the hood it stocked and won't open, the inside lever is very hard to pull.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the BMW Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this is usually caused by a faulty throttle body or throttle body wiring harness
I would not recommend driving it for 50 miles
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
if there are no additional questions, as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating