Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

My name is ***** *****. I have code po1353 that keeps coming

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. I have code po1353 that keeps coming up. I have replaced all brand new Coils, spark plugs, bank 1 and 2 O2 sensors and cam position sensor. Checked all hoses, intake boots and intake gasket no leaks. The lower intake boot is new as well. PO1353 still comes up please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have code po1353 that keeps coming up. I have replaced all brand new Coils, spark plugs, bank 1 and 2 O2 sensors and cam position sensor. Checked all hoses, intake boots and intake gasket no leaks. The lower intake boot is new as well. PO1353 still comes up please help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 9 months ago.

I would do a compression test of cylinder 6 if that checks ok, I suspect that the driver in the DME has failed and would require a new DME.