Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Glove box won't open but key turns both ways. Passenger door

Customer Question

Glove box won't open but key turns both ways. Passenger door locked shut. Won't open period not even from inside handle. Button on the console doesn't link or um lock anything but makes a noise. Put the key in the driver's door turns both ways and nothing. 2002 330ci
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: Other than using the key And button on cond
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: Console
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what exactly was your question about this?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did you read the issues?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Passenger door won't open. Glove box won't open
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Drivers door won't lock or until lock with the key
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
I read the issues, I am not sure what your question is about them, though, as no question is asked.
I have proposed a phone call.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well the question is what do I do. About the issues.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Don't want to pay extra for phone call
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
you most likely need to have your general module replaced to correct the issues
if you turn the key far enough in the door or glove box both should open
you will also want to check fuses just to be sure so if the glove box won't open you will need to pry / force it to so you can check fuses
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It was the door actuator
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Great glad it is sorted. Please kindly click on a positive rating to complete the question and ensure I receive credit for my time and answer out of the funds you have already paid
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But your diagnosis was incorrect. I still have to pay?
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
I gave the best diagnosis possible based on information available to me. The issue always needs to be verified hands on. You have already paid to ask your question, selecting a rating of ok or higher releases my compensation from your payment which has already been made