Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Steering Is not BMW sharp. Feels like a toyota camry.

Customer Question

Steering Is not BMW sharp . Feels like a toyota camry . Extreme play before inputs are transferred to the wheels. Also , When I start the car i have to shake the wheel back and forth to unlock it e36 m3 95
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am pretty competent with a wrench but do not have all the time in the world to fix things
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: No that is the main issue . I feel like it is a worn coupler bushing . but not sure.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The steering slop is usually just wear in the front end suspension components, they usually need to be refreshed around 100k miles or 10 years
He steering lock is likely just the steering/ignition lock starting to go out
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.