Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a bmw 645 ci, 2004. The computer display isn't

Customer Question

I have a bmw 645 ci, 2004. The computer display isn't working. It keeps coming on to the BMW screen and then fades out and goes blank. As you drive, it will keep doing that every few minutes. The radio won't work because of it, or a lot of the other functionality. How do I fix this?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
you can try unhooking the car battery for an hour to reboot the system as this can sometimes correct
if that does not work then at a minimum you will need the software updated by BMW, but more likely either the main idrive computer or another associated module on the idrive network will need to be replaced. There are many modules (phone, nav, radio, amp, etc) which can take the system offline so proper diagnostics will be required to identify the culprit, followed by replacement. usually it is the main computer, though.
after replacement, programming will also be required.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating