internal88
internal88, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Automotive Engineering Degree and also work for an Automotive engineering company since 2003.
63512786

I am ***** ***** My steering is really heavy on my x5 e35,

Customer Question

Hi Sam i am ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My steering is really heavy on my x5 e35
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  internal88 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - BMW tech.

The problem is not the power steering pump or hose. The problem is steering wheel shaft that is part of theu-joint in it. This shaft has rubber seals which water get in there and create rusts. Therefore the steering pump and the steering rack work extra hard to compensate that Pump works extra hard. To fix this problem you have remove and replace entire the shaft and the u-joint. Not a easy job, it will take several hours for a BMW tech to do this.