peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2009 BMW X5. AWD and DSC have malfunctioned and then turned

Customer Question

2009 BMW X5 . AWD and DSC have malfunctioned and then turned into Engine Malfunction! Reduced Power! on computer screen. Engine went rough and cut off. Disconnected battery errors went away and came back a couple of days. Put scanner and had $7E8 and $7EC.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The BMW Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: sure
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnected battery. Problem went away. Problem came back. Put on scanner couldn't clear the codes mentioned before.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: not really.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can re check the codes with a scan tool that is fully compatible with your model this will help.The codes here look to be generic codes that have set that the scan tool is unable to read fully.If you can get the codes read out with a different compatible scan tool then post them here this will help.This may be an issue with a sensor on the engine or transmission.I have seen the throttle position sensor act up and cause this issue here.If you are unable to re check the codes with a different scan tool parts stores like Auto Zone will usually check them for you at no charge.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete