peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Am Moses from Uganda, The Car shows Ratio Monitaring Clutch

Customer Question

Hi am Moses from Uganda
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The Car shows Ratio Monitaring Clutch E
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Code 4F85
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: Yes i do
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The code you have here is for a bushing on the input shaft wearing out in the transmission usually.The friction plates can sometimes burn up as well in the transmission as a result.BMW will usually want to replace the entire transmission but in some cases a transmission repair facility can diagnose and take apart the transmission to repair it internally.This will need checked into further to see what all needs rebuilt or replaced in the transmission then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete