Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My name is ***** ***** I have a x5 I tilted the panoramic

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a x5 I tilted the panoramic roof. And the rear part won't set back down
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It stayed in. The open tilt position I tried pressing the middle. Of the switch up so it can reset. And it still stayed open
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this is a common problem on this roof
the parts that run most of the mechanics are very delicate and prone to failure
originally the entire sunroof had to be replaced at immense cost, but BMW has since developed smaller repair kits that can be used to fix just small internal parts
this is your issue - you will need to have one of these repair kits installed to fix the tilt mechanism
I would strongly advise using a BMW main dealer for this as they are the only ones that are going to know about the kits and have access to the instructions
sorry if you were hoping for a simpler solution but I trust that my honest answer is appreciated. Please do not shoot the messenger. Please remember that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is selected.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle