Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Turned my flashers on & now they wont turn off 2000 328i, I

Customer Question

turned my flashers on & now they wont turn off 2000 328i
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I push the button for the flashers but they wont turn off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can yes if not at least disable it until I can get it in. Service is a long ways awat
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The problem is the switch itself has failed internally - very very common
You will need to replace the switch
For now you can just remove the switch and disconnect it
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
You will need to replace the switch
.