sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2000 540i clutch issues. It all started with the clutch

Customer Question

2000 540i clutch issues. It all started with the clutch pedal going the the floor and it not disengaging. So I replaced the master cylinder and the car ran fine for about an hour then the clutch pedal got stiff and would not engage. So far I've replaced the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, master, slave, and pivot pin. When the slave is installed there is no resistance like there should be, am
I missing something? The clutch pedal is still stiff and when I remove the slave and reach in and touch the oval looking thing that hold the thrownout bearing it's loose and will go all try way toward the engine without resistance.
Category: BMW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the problem happened as a result of replacing the master cylinder and all other components have now been replaced then I suspect the problem is with the replacement master cylinder.

Where did the master cylinder come from?