Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

, I have a E60 (535i 2008). My car was park 3 weeks.

Customer Question

HI.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a E60 (535i 2008). My car was park for almost 3 weeks. Now doesn't move. When I put the car in drive he put parking by itself.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please explain what you mean when you say "When I put the car in drive he put parking by itself."? Are you saying the transmission goes into gear but dose not move? Post back with complete details and I will try and help you with this.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thnaks your reply. My car has an electronic gear selector. I select Drive in the gear selector ann almost inmediatly the car goes from drive to parking by itself. Something I feel and hear a car enagage in drive. But if I try to move the car inmediatly the car by itself engage in parking, so I can't move the car.Replace the Trans sealing sleeve and replace the fluid, becase I saw a little leak coming from the trans. After that the car still stuck on parking. My car never has a transmission problem before and has only 72,000. The odrive says trans malfunction contact, parking will be not possible to engage. The mil light its off.The problem start when I try to start the car after almost 3 weeks without turn it in on. Really random.The only other thing i can remenber is that maybe 2 or 3 days before i park the car the battery was, so was teplace with a new one .If you need any other info please let my know as soon as possible.ThanksRey
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

REY,

In order to be able to get some idea of what is failing we are going to need to start with a code scan, if you are able to can you connect a scan to to the system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting. Post back with them and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. I will try to do that tomorrow.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Okay, Im here tomorrow as well, post back when you can and we can work from there.