peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

When I drive my car with one key fob, everything is fine

Customer Question

when I drive my car with one key fob, everything is fine with the gas tank. when I drive it with the other key fob, the safety lock inside the gas tank does not disengage and I cannot insert the nozzle of the fuel hose.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i figure it is a setting with the electronics.
JA: Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: 2011 335d
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be an issue with the key fob itself acting up.I have seen some of these send false signals or incorrect signals causing issues like this here in some cases.If the other key or key fob operates the vehicle properly I suspect the one acting up will need replaced to correct this here.I would have this tested further to be sure which will involve having codes read out with a compatible scan tool for your model and any codes diagnosed as well as key and key fob signals checked with the scan tool.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete