FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

I'm ***** *****, my 2006 525i was acting funny. First the

Customer Question

I'm ***** *****, my 2006 525i was acting funny. First the heat was going out. Now it's starting to overheat as well. What will I have to have fixed?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well when I run the heat, the air doesn't get hot. It's warm, then goes cold. When I goes cold, the " engine overheating " sign comes on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. When you get these two symptoms together it is typically because the coolant level is low or the thermostat is not opening. I would check the coolant level first. If it is low then add some but the vehicle will need to be inspected for a leak. If it is full then it probably needs a thermostat. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.