Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2010 BMW 650i ...says break fluid service due...can i just

Customer Question

2010 BMW 650i ...says break fluid service due...can i just add break fluid? 57K mi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just service break fluid due...no issues in how car runs / stops light indicator on with that message
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this message is not because you need to top up your brake fluid, this warning is because you need to have the brake fluid flushed and totally renewed.
thus, you cannot just add break fluid.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions, as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating