FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

I have a 2005 bmw 545i, 117k ***** *****. She just started

Customer Question

Hi.....I have a 2005 bmw 545i, 117k ***** *****. She just started blowing blue smoike out after getting warmed up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was taking it in to get smogged, and there is too much blue smoke to pass. I had it running, and it was almost imppossible to get the oil cap off due to suction. Once I did, it started ruinning rough.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if the oil was changed recently? Is the check engine light coming on? Does it smoke more when you accelerate?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oil was changed two weeks ago. Level is good.
No lights on.
Lots I vacuum on the oil filler cap when the engine is running.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

It may be an issue with the PCV system, or an internal engine failure. It is common for the engine to fail internally and cause this. Has the PCV breather and hoses been checked?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Hopefully that is all that it is. That should only be a couple hundred dollars to repair. It would obviously be much better than an engine failure.