Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

, I have a 2007 bmw x5 4.8 wife started a few days ago

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2007 bmw x5 4.8 wife started a few days ago would go in gear. she messed around with it and it finally went in gear. she backed up twenty feet it died and will not start back up. turns over but will not start. checked the relay by passed it still nothing. we have fuel to the rail
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are we there
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, although there is fuel at the fuel rail, it doesnt always translate into enough for engine to crank. So you need to check the fuel pressure with key on and engine off with a fuel pressure gage and let me know the pressure.

If pressure is good, then we will need to check the injectors for a pulse signal from the computer using noid lights and if ok, then spark will need to be tested along with rpm signal from crank sensor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED YET. mY WIFE NOW TELLS ME SHE WAS BACKING OUT OF THE GARAGE AND ACCIDENTLY HIT THE START STOP BOTTON AND KILLED THE CAR. iT HAS NOT RESTARTED SINCE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sure that the security system has shut off the car I do not know if there is a way to reset the security.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as I dont have a DIY reset procedure, only with a scan tool. If another expert does have a method, they will post here