K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

My issue with my x3 2.5i year 2005 is that the idling is

Customer Question

My issue with my x3 2.5i year 2005 is that the idling is eratic and difficult to start without having my foot on the accelerator pedal.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It happened after car was parked over for one month due to faulty alternator regulator. Fault code registered is 2783 airmass sensor. But the car was fine before
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 9 months ago.

Hello, the mass air flow sensor may just have some debris on the element wire causing it to read improperly. I suggest cleaning it with some mass air flow sensor cleaner (available at any parts store) and reseting the computer. If this does not remedy the problem just reply back.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. Follow up questions concerning this are always free, even after rating or accepting. Thanks!