Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

2009 Mini non turbo, P115D CODE, Installed new MAF, Run's 5

Customer Question

2009 Mini cooper non turbo, P115D CODE, Installed new MAF , Run's for about 5 min. then code come's back.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Had a P0302 misfire , p2187 lean @ idle & p0015 camshaft pos. retarded. Going to check crank case vent hose . Changed Spark plugs about a year ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — BMW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you tell me which fault codes are returning, is it just the P115D or are you dealing with all the codes you have listed? Post back when you can with the details and I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ron, the P115D CODE KEEPS COMING BACK. RUN'S GOOD FOR A MOMENT THEN IDLES ROUGH I KEEP GETTING P0300, SO I TOOK THE NEXT STEP AND PROPANED ALL AROUND THE INTAKE AND THE VALVE COVER, PCV HOSE NO SIGNS OF ANY LEAKS. THE IDLE WILL FLUCTUATE AND UNPLUGGING THE MAF MAKES NO DIFFERENCE (NEW MAF) SO NEXT I UNPLUGGED ONE OF THE CAM SENSORS AND THE ENGINE DROPPED TO A STEADY IDLE AND RAN NORMAL, THIS COULD BE DUE TO A LIMP HOME MODE ACTIVATING NOT SURE.NOT MAKING MUCH PROGRESS COULD I HAVE A STRETCHED CHAIN?? ANY TIPS ON OTHER PROCEDURES I SHOULD DO TO SOLVE THIS ONE. ALL OF THE SAME CODES ARE BACK AFTER DELETION AND DRIVING OR RUNNING FOR A FEW MINS.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

I would suspect if you can get it running with the Cam sensor unplugged then that may very well be the case. I think your next step would be to check cam timing. Not much else makes sense with everything you have already done.