peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I own a 1996 e36 sedan. I removed the intake manifold to

Customer Question

hello. I own a 1996 e36 sedan. I removed the intake manifold to replace the starter. I put everything back together and not the vehicle starts but wont stay on. what could be the possible issues and solutions. please help...
rich. s.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and make sure there are no vacuum leaks especially at the intake gaskets.If there is a vacuum leak this can cause this issue here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. or was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete