Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. former shop owner, diagnostics, driveability tech
2947720

2 problems. 2010 bmw x5di fan blower in dash has load sounds

Customer Question

2 problems. 2010 bmw x5di fan blower in dash has load sounds while fan is running. Which of course is not consistent so when I get to the dealership they don't hear the problem. Second is the rattle that comes from the tailgate. Do they have a solution for this repair. My warrantee is up in a month for electrical. But the tail gate bothers me. Poor design! Your thoughts?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE *****

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There have been a factory service bulletins, (not a recall) for both of those concerns.

.

Obviously the blower motor is touching the housing at times.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jmct8uhe2i0a0z/Heating%20and%20Air%20Conditioning.pdf?dl=0

.

Also, RATTLE FROM LOWER TAILGATE, at the following link.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odktqyr1zvpmaqf/RATTLE%20FROM%20LOWER%20TAILGATE.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Did you get them?

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks