Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have 2002 Mini it had a dead battery so I got a new one,

Customer Question

Hi I have 2002 Mini Cooper it had a dead battery so I got a new one, however it started once I left it running got about 2/3 minutes it shut off and it won't start again. It's roll over but it won't start.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What question did you have about this? Did you want to know possible causes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked anything other than fuses?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steve ?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the most common cause of the engine cranking over and not starting is a failed fuel pump or clogged fuel filter
other possible causes are a bad crank sensor or issue with the engine computer / anti-theft
proper testing will need to be carried out to reveal the exact cause.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No only the fuses. The battery is newly replaced.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please see my answer above. If there are no additional questions please kindly click on a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
If there are no additional questions, as the question has been answered, please kindly click on a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I trouble shoot if it's the fuel pump or filter?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
You need to check for voltage at the fuel pump. If there is voltage and the pump is not running then the pump is bad. If it is running replace the filter and re assess
As the question has Ben answered please kindly click on a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Steve So I checked everything you mentioned. The pump had voltage, it was coming on, the filter was fine not clogged from the looks, I connected my obd2 no errors from the computer. So i resorted to calling a mechanic he came and in 15 mins solved the problem. Apparently the the fuel line @ the engine was the problem he pressure was not coming to the line so he did something and I watched the gas shoot out of the line. Started one crank after that. Thanks for the suggestions My service call was 15 mins & $70 😳!!!
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating to complete the question and ensure I am credited for my time and answer out of the funds which you have already paid to place your question