peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2008 bmw 750li. tranny fault and drive moderate

Customer Question

Customer: yes , i have a 2008 bmw 750li. tranny fault and drive moderate indicator can on, i removed the trans cover and six bolts was missing from the pan . i installed new bolts. i can't get the indicator to reset.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, I purschase this car about 10 months ago, i think the drive moderate light can on because it was low on fluid, i topped the fluid and held the gas pedal down for 30 second, but the indicator still say trans fault, drive moderate, when i place in drive. the rpm goes up before i move.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnose to locate and repair the fault here.Since you may have already corrected this fault here you may just have to have the codes cleared out to correct this fault.This has to be done with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete