Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

I just replaced the light control module on a 2002 330xi

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, i just replaced the light control module on a 2002 330xi with a brand new one from the dealer. After installing and coding it with PA soft the running lights do not work. The initial issue was all the lights stopped working including the dash lights. They all work now except the running lights.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The running lights do not work. All other lights work. I checked the fuses and they are good. I have a brand new LCM installed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 10 months ago.

What program did you use to encode the control module, If it was coded incorrectly it may be trying to activate lights that are not there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I used PA soft 1.4 to code the LCM. The VIN and odometer info are coded correctly as I no longer have the red tamper light on the odometer reading in the cluster.