Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician
Experience:  BMW Master Certifed level 1 Technican
14969438

Name is Rod
, 2000 232CI wet trunk lid water may be

Customer Question

Customer: Hi name is Rod
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2000 232CI wet trunk lid water may be coming from light or trunk handle also wet trunk floor closer to rear seat. I have seen water drip from above that area. Any tips. I have looked at the upholstery covering the trunk lid and don't know how to remove the fasteners Are there channel drains that could be a problem?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: On phone line with BMW service now may come back
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 10 months ago.

I would check the seals for the rear tail lights and the rear handle (called a grip strip) their are foam seals on all of them and with the age of your vehicle I would suspect that they are dried out and letting in water.

Expert:  Kenny replied 10 months ago.

Any luck?