Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 1995 BMW 318i that wont start. What happened is I

Customer Question

Customer: hello, i have a 1995 BMW 318i that wont start. What happened is I was having problems with my brake switch, in which i changed before but this time after I changed it and tapped a couple of times on the brake it just wouldnt start afterwards. My lights, horn and normal things work. Question, could this be my key in which needs to be re-keyed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: everything is discribed above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this incident happened about a month ago and I just tried to start it again in which it is still doing the same as wont start but all is is working except the radio and that has a code that I must enter first
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
hi,
what is your question? is it "could this be my key in which needs to be re-keyed."
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i asked what could be the problem of why the car wont start or could my key might need to be re-keyed
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
l explained in the beginning of what happened and what is going on at this moment and is awaiting for a response on what it may be or what I may need to do to get it started again, thanks in advance.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
helllo, is anyone there