Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My minicoopers motor turns on after I have shut it down

Customer Question

my minicoopers motor turns on after I have shut it down andremoved the key. It idles for about ten minutes and then shuts down. Please advise
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
does the vehicle have any after market equipment installed?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
hello, I have submitted a phone call offer. there is an additional charge.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have described the problem adequately. Please give me your answer via the chat line
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please answer
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I asked if there was any after market equipment installed on the car.... please answer this question.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will report to paypal that I am dissatisfied with your service
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no after market equipment such as a cold weather remote start was added
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the problem will then be a fault in the car access system (CAS) on the vehicle which is a computer system responsible for regulating access and starting of the vehicle.
there is an internal fault in one of the components of the CAS which is causing this.
to verify, the concern will need to be replicated at a time when the system can be monitored by a MINI diagnostic computer to identify the culprit.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
if there are no additional questions, as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating.