Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I would love your help
, BMW328i 2007 passenger turn

Customer Question

Customer: I would love your help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: BMW328i 2007 passenger turn signal out I've changed the bulb but no fix
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: still waiting
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
is it only one of the signals? or all of the signal bulbs on one side of the car??
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
hello? is it only one of the signals? or all of the signal bulbs on one side of the car??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there is only one bulb on each side for turn signal
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
there is a front, rear and side turn signal....
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's the front passenger bulb that does not work for the turn signal. I took it out, and replaced and it still doesn't work
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it's the front of the car
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
you would like to know possible causes for this? is that correct?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well yea
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the only thing that can cause this is a wiring connection/issue to the bulb (including a bad socket) or an internal failure in the control computer that runs the vehicle lighting (called the frm)
if the bulb was out for a very long time, then the control computer (frm) may need to be replaced or reset due to an internal shut down of the signal to that bulb as a protection mechanism.
my guess would be the frm is bad
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating to ensure I receive proper credit for my time and answer. thank you in advance