Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2005 X5. Starter turns over engine strongly. Doesn't start.

Customer Question

2005 X5. Starter turns over engine strongly. Doesn't start. AND when I release the start position on the key, the starter keeps turning over the engine. It'll keep turning over the engine (without starting) until I turn the key totally to off position.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This is most likely a failed ignition switch/cylinder. I would suggest rreplacement.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle