Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Just got my duaghter a 2003 X5 4.4I. Tilt ans telescoping

Customer Question

Just got my duaghter a 2003 X5 4.4I. Tilt ans telescoping dies not work. Checked fuses and they are good. Have seen youtube video on motor replacement. I am a technician by trade and would be able to make this repair. Question is, how do I know for sure that both motors are bad and the problem isn't with something else?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
You will need to test for the adjust signal at the motors to verify if one or both have failed, or simply remove them and beach test them by applying voltage directly
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
If there are no additional questions please kindly click on a positive rating