Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a few questions i just purchased a BMW 2000 750il

Customer Question

good evening i have a few questions i just purchased a BMW 2000 750il
with 109,000 miles 2 owner car same owner for the last 10 years with only 10,000 miles driven in the last 5 years. I picked up the car in Orlando Fl and drove it to Milwaukee WI . I made it 500 miles to the north side of atlanta when the check engine light came on it cylinder 1 and 7 misfire and bank one too lean i think? i ended up changing t leaking injectors since i have a code of 0740/1403 and the Secondary emissions air pump has just started to make noise. SOOO do I just replace the carbon canister and the air pum
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as well as take it in and for the trans fluid changed and maybe the solenoid? ohh the car shifts perfect never had any trouble with that and last !
I also got a pending lean bank 1 and bank 2 Im just not sure its like everything has boken in a 1300 mile trip is this possible lol
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

hello

as you're probably aware the air pump on these do have a tendency to fail so yes I'd agree its worth considering a new air pump, however check the pipework to and from it 1st as they can break / crack and disable the part that way

and yes if you have a rough / hard shift then a change of fluid is a good idea, I'd try this 1st before changing the solenoid too as often fresh fluid is enough