Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Bmw

Customer Question

bmw
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What was your question about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what happen to the description I wrote previously? Here it goes.
2003 BMW 525i Transmission fail safe program active at all times. Car was brought in for this issue and a charging system light. Diagnosis of the charging system light came back as a faulty instrument cluster (IKE module) Feed from voltage regulator to IKE module is Good. I only mention this because code 8D: EGS signal line disturbed is stored in the IKE module. EGS module holds code 02 (P0778) Pressure actuator 2, 03 (P0798) Pressure actuator 3, 04 (P0743) Pressure actuator 4, and P0700 fault program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you received my question?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi,
I am still not sure of the question? I read the description you posted, but what is your question? Do you want to know the possible causes? Something else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My goal is to figure out what component/issue is throwing the transmission into fail safe program. Guidance, diag procedures, incite on the codes, ect. I was trying to be more informative then, "why is my transmission in fail safe mode?" I"m fairly competent with BMWs but auto transmissions are not my strong point. I have full support bi directional scan tool. If you could run me through a diag procedure that would be great. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello