Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

My 2007 335i started to loose power and then lots of smoke

Customer Question

Customer: my 2007 335i started to loose power and then lots of smoke was coming from the tail pipe. There is oil dripping from the tailpipe. My mechanic does not know what could cause this. He is at a lost. I had a new turbo replaced plus valve cover gaskets. Can you help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have oil dripping out of the tail pipe then you are ingesting oil in large quantities into the engine. The first thing I would have him check is the turbo to bale sure the seals are not leaking which could very well cause this type of problem. Have this checked and let me know and we can work from there.