peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2003 Mini S - Hatchback rewire trigger switch. Wires

Customer Question

2003 Mini S Cooper- Hatchback rewire for the trigger switch. Wires connected on the back by the trigger had a three wire connector that broke. When rewiring the only configuration that works for unlocking the hatch is the following Green/Gray to Brown/Gray; Brown to Brown; Brown/Gray to Green/Gray. Or Green/Gray to Brown; Brown to Gray/Brown; Green/Brown to Green/Gray. All do the same function for opening from the trigger point outside. Two questions:
1. Is there another configure for this to work?
2. When I use the trigger to open the back it will keep clicking(trigger)(while depressed) till it is pulled open away from locking mechanism(breaking contact from the lock). Is that normal for mini S Coopers on the hatchback?
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an after market switch an auto accessory after market facility will most likely need to look up the wiring to correct this here.If this is a factory switch and wiring let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This was a factory switch connector. part number: amp(###) ###-####1 A BMW 8 905 977 there is a 1 2 3 line up for the connector but the same wire colors straight across did not work. They cross over the colors as I stated in my first post the only combinations that work. If i can get that configuration I will know that It was connected right. This part is located under the panel board of the hatchback very near the trigger and the part(connector) is visible in the wrapped wires.

O.k.,after looking through my info on this here unfortunately it isnt showing where or how this is wired but someone else here may be able to help.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete