Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 2003 BMX X5 4.4i. I'm having problems with the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 BMX X5 4.4i. I'm having problems with the steering wheel. First it began giving a squeaky sound inside the cabin, but drove perfectly. After a couple of thousands miles it began giving a different sound (like a knotch) when tilting the steering to the left side and the steering wheel get kind of harder to move. I even see that the steering wheel is not perfectly alligned.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what question did you have about this? did you want to know possible causes?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Steve!
Yes I'd like to know possible causes. My mechanic specialized in European cars and he is very reliable. He suggested me to buy the rack an pinion but he said that it was strange it never did any fault before and never leaked. I don't mind to buy the part but I'm worried that I buy it and at the end it could be something different.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** was wondering if you still would like some assistance on the steering concern you have?

If so please let me know and I would be happy to work with you.

Kind Regards,