Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Replace rear pad and sensor, reset sensor light indicator

Customer Question

Customer: Replace rear pad and sensor, reset sensor light indicator wo'nt turn off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2008 335 Convertible, I replaced the read pad, with new sensor, but the sensor light indicator light won;t go away. read = rear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What have you tried to reset the light?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when hit the BC button, it rest but the miles indication and the rear brake sensor still warning.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the reset went though its cycle but no mile indication and the rear pad sensor light still on.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would suggest unhooking the car battery for an hour then trying again with this process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDWaL_jnMCI or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVc2JlgKGe0
if it still won't reset you may have a defective sensor or it may not be connected properly (it is a very simple monitoring sensor)
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did not work. Disconnect battery for few hours stll not able to reset. It's only showed 7000 but then brake pad sensor light turn on again.
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
in that case the sensor is defective or not installed correctly, as I stated.
as the question has been answered please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating