Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Replace rear pad and sensor, reset sensor light indicator

Customer Question

Customer: Replace rear pad and sensor, reset sensor light indicator wo'nt turn off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2008 335 Convertible, I replaced the read pad, with new sensor, but the sensor light indicator light won;t go away. read = rear
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What have you tried to reset the light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when hit the BC button, it rest but the miles indication and the rear brake sensor still warning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the reset went though its cycle but no mile indication and the rear pad sensor light still on.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would suggest unhooking the car battery for an hour then trying again with this process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDWaL_jnMCI or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVc2JlgKGe0
if it still won't reset you may have a defective sensor or it may not be connected properly (it is a very simple monitoring sensor)
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work. Disconnect battery for few hours stll not able to reset. It's only showed 7000 but then brake pad sensor light turn on again.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
in that case the sensor is defective or not installed correctly, as I stated.
as the question has been answered please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating