eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech 15 + years foreign domestic & european
6149662

I have a 2003 Z4 3.0 convertible. I replaced the front

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Z4 3.0 convertible. I replaced the front suspension springs, struts, etc. I still have a clunk sound when going slow over small bumps. Holds the road OK on freeway a slightly loose feel.
Category: BMW
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will help assist you.. Have you checked the front suspension?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mechanic has looked at the suspension and steering but said nothing about badly worn parts. I did replace the front springs, struts and upper and lower strut mounts.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

has the sway bar links and bushings been checked? They are the most common cause of suspension noise. But I would check them and the whole front suspension before replacing any parts

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

has the sway bar links and bushings been checked? They are the most common

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Next week when the weather gets better I will take the car out of storage and have that checked. Thank you for the suggestion.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you