Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Greetings Sir,
, I have a 2004 BMW 745LI and as I was

Customer Question

Customer: Greetings Sir,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is***** have a 2004 BMW 745LI and as I was driving my DSC light came on and I notice that I was losing power while driving. My check engine light has been on for a few months now and I replace my O2 sensors. Do you have any repair suggestion in fixing my BMW?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please review my initial message. Thank you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My name is***** have a 2004 BMW 745LI and as I was driving my DSC light came on and I notice that I was losing power while driving. My check engine light has been on for a few months nowand I replace my O2 sensors. Do you have any repair suggestion in fixing my BMW?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Steve, my name is***** have a 2004 BMW 745LI and as I was driving it last night my DSC light came on and I notice that I was losing/reducing performance power while driving. There has not been any diagnostics carried out of this sudden issue. In addition my check engine light has been on for a few months and I have replaced my O2 sensors. Do you have any repair suggestion in fixing my BMW? Please advise.. Thank you. Rickie Williamson, ph#(###) ###-####
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
unfortunately warning lights are only intended to inform the driver there is an issue, they do not aid in diagnostics. Each warning light can have many, many different causes.
on this car, the DSC light is most commonly caused by a faulty steering angle sensor or dsc control module
on this car, the check engine light can be triggered about 200 different things, the most common causes would be a secondary air system issue, air leak or failed crankcase vent valve
given that the lights are not specific, the only thing you can do at this time, and my suggestion for fixing the car, is to first have the computer faults scanned from the car using a BMW diagnostic tool
there is no other way to fix the car - the first step MUST be a fault scan.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle