Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2011 BMW F10 550I and I

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2011 BMW F10 550I and I was just informed that I have fault code of CD9304. I Believe that this has something to do with the engine management. Do you know what this is?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well I'll start from the beginning, one day I forgot to turn off the vehicle and which this left the electrical on and killed the bat. I jumped the battery from the hood and after that all hell has broke loose. I have increased battery discharge. I replaced the battery with a new one but I found out that the battery needs to be reprogrammed because if you don't then you will receive the same error. anyway can you call me the typing is a little overwhelming and I can explain this a little easier(###) ###-####
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Where did you get this code from?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
metric motors of Edmond, Oklahoma ran diags
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this code means "BIT-SERIAL DATA INTERFACE SIGNAL COMMUNICATION FAULT"
basically, there is a communication error between the various computers that run the car, although just knowing this code in isolation doesn't really inform much, proper test plans will need to be carried out to ferret out the root cause - likely a faulty computer (aka control module) somewhere on the vehicle.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle