Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 07 750 BMW IL I try to use my car one morning and

Customer Question

I have a 07 750 BMW IL I try to use my car one morning and could not get it out of park, I turned the engine off and try pushing the park button again didn't work. I read the vehicle manual and found that there is a manual release in the trunk of the car under the spare wheel on the side of compartment, I follow instructions an as able to release the parking brake . My question is : the park light is on yellow on the instrument panel, how do I get it off, if I go and and turn the Key and do a reverse will it lock the park break again ????
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
You are going to need to have the parking brake unit replaced most likely if it malfunctioned, the are common to fail.
You can try re engaging it and pressing the button 4 times at an interval of 5 seconds with the ignition in but engine off
You can drive without doing this, you just won't have a parking brake
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if there are no additional questions please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating