Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

How do you test the oil pump to see if your getting adequate

Customer Question

How do you test the oil pump to see if your getting adequate oil needed? Any lines you can take off and check. 2009 535i e60, also is there a check for the oil pressure sensor?t5
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
C160475
Expert:  Steve replied 11 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
the only way to test oil on this vehicle is to test the oil pressure, you can't remove lines, etc.
to test the oil pressure sensor you would need to manually check oil pressure with a guage and then compare that to the readings from the sensor.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle