peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I had my 2008 bmw m2 go into limp mode a few weeks ago, took

Customer Question

I had my 2008 bmw m2 go into limp mode a few weeks ago, took it to BMW and they told me Throttle actuator on bank 1.
I declined the 3500 bill and purchased two throttle actuators and replaced myself.
All errors reset and none of the original errors remain.
However, when I started the car today I got 2b57, 2755 and 2796...totally different errors.
Looks like I may have knocked a wire loose or something during my TA swap.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Double check and see if anything was bumped loose or damaged when this repair was done.If anything is found to be an issue it will need to be repaired to correct this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. try and disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes and reconnect it and see if the faults then go away.If this does not correct the fault here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete